Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sorry for the long pause!

It has been a sort of somewhat busy few months.
What did I do? I have no real clue.
I have thought of doing entries and then just not gotten there!

So I am writing this one to get back in the game!
Here is a selection of things I have worked on, have been languishing and are currently in progress.

I have worked on this lovely shawl pattern known as Color Affection.  I think this is a pretty picture taken with Hipstamatic. You can make out the 3 colours quite well. There is grey, a pink that has some variegation in it (for those of you who don't know it means various colour, not one consistent colour) and another pink. It turned out lovely & I can't wait for a nice cold day to wear it.
Moving on to the Languishing. This the cuff of a hoodie sweater coat that I have been working on for almost 2 years. Last year I just didn't pick it up. It is the only thing in my WIP pile (Work In Progress). I have done the main body. I picked it up to start a couple of weeks ago and have found it much easier to work on. I suspect that has to do with the amount of knitting I have been doing for the last few years.  So the plan is to spend August getting as far on this as possible so I can wear it in the fall.  The blue is gorgeous and looks great on me!

The only WIPs I have left other then this are blankets meant to use scrap yarns as I go.
Which leads me to another project:
This is a blanket of small hexagons. You add the hexagons as you go along. It takes me now about 1hour & 15 mins to finish one. The main reason being is that it is starting to get heavy as it gets larger & therefore more to manipulate. Also we are in a crazy heat wave so it slows it down. This will be done someday. Not sure yet when. Probably sometime next year.

This is a sample of my knitting life. I am also beginning to organize the stash. Find and catalogue all the needles. Clean the dying area. So I am on a crafting crazy!

Cheers until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment