Monday, August 23, 2010

Fall is upon us!

Good afternoon all my lovelies!

It is close to the end of summer. I know it is still August, but the CNE and the arrival of my brother's family from the US is to me, the indication that fall is just around the corner!

I for one am looking forward to the change of seasons for many reasons.

This summer has been too hot and humid for my liking, so that means my normal functioning levels (sleep, exercise, etc..) are useless. So this change in the weather is welcome.

It also means that the sweater I have been knitting for myself and should be finished by the end of the week, will make it into my wardrobe rotation. It is the first sweater I have knit for myself and I love it! I am already planning a second sweater that I will commence in January 2011!

I have always been one who likes comfy things and I find that the fall is conducive to that!

I also always find myself making lists. Lists of the new clothes that I need to complete my fall wardrobe. I have made lists since I was a child prepping for school to make sure I have everything. I make lists of what I need to pack for a trip so I don't forget everything. Today I found myself making said list and as it is a long one that consists of a new bathing suit and sheet set, I am looking at it as a budgeting thing as  well.

The other thing that comes to mind is Christmas knitting. I only have 4 projects going at once ( a miracle for me!). One will be finished by the end of the week. One could be finished at the end of the week and then I can continue with my Dad's never ending blanket.  Of course there is always knitting to be done. I am knitting for my niece's birthday in November (although she doesn't know it and hasn't asked for it). I am going to do a few decorations for  the office during the holiday season (Snowmen and maybe mini-stockings to hang with care!). But I am a little stumped for niece & nephew holiday knitting. I did hats, scarves & mitts last year. So now I have to sit and stew for a bit to figure it out. Of course there will also be cousin knitting as well.

Sorry about knitting on the brain. It doesn't ever really go away.

I also will start my Real Estate Law Clerk course in September. The only thing that makes me mad is that the class is on Stitch n' Bitch night which means I miss the company of my knitting peeps. Let's just say I am not too thrilled about that!

See what I mean about knitting being constantly on the brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment