Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Knitting mojo may have been found!

The election happened just over a month ago. Leading up to the election I worked my regular job and then went straight to the campaign office.

BEYOND TIRED!!!
 
 
 
I could barely concentrate on anything with my needles. The WIP pile I have is proof in that. I am a very prolific knitter and I love to push my crafting to my limits. I affectionately refer to myself as adrenaline knitter!
 
Hence this stoppage in the yarn department baffled me more than it would.
Of course I'm tired and pushed myself probably more than I should have. I'm not as young as I once was.
 
The road to normalcy seems within reach even if I'm not  quite there yet.
 
  1. Sleep is coming to me at a reasonable time. I also feel rested when I wake up
  2. When I wake up I don't spend another hour laying in bed.
  3. I'm getting more things done at work
  4. My capacity for everything: people, crafting, work, sleep, even exercise and eating, seems to be returning.
  5. I actually have completed a project over 400 yards of yarn and am close to finishing a second project of a similar size.
  6. I'm plotting projects that will be huge when I actually do them in the fall!
 
How do  you start crafting things, when you can barely think?
For me smallish things that I can complete in a short period of time. This way I feel a sense of accomplishment!
But I like to do bigger projects and I want to do things I love
That issue was answered when looking for inspiration on Ravelry*. Thanks to looking at a friends spectacular blanket, I was inspired.
 
The fish blanket project began:
The first school of So long and thanks for all the fish blanket.
The yarn is Dragonfly fibres Damsel sportweight in Save the Tatas!
 The yarn came from my successful trip to Atlanta in April! It was with me and I frogged* it in order to make fish right then and there.

More fish were made shortly there after:

Cascade 128 sport superwash.
The plotting of the colour scheme. It made me happy!

And so began the journey back to the knitting mojo!

The other project that has been finished needs to be washed and blocked (needs to be made to look more pretty!). Once it's done, I will display.

I also plan to keep a gadget on the side to connect to the "So long and thanks for all the fish blanket project," which will take years to complete.

 
 
 
 
 
*Ravelry is an amazing resource for fibre people. It is facebook with an amazing database for yarn and patterns. Frogged: Ripping of project from the sound of a frog "rip-it! rip-it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment