Thursday, July 17, 2014

So long and thanks for all the fish!

What does this title mean?

Well in the midst of getting the mojo back, I became inspired by a friends fantastic blanket of knitted fish. The fish are a quick way to feel accomplished.

I have talked about it in a previous post.

I chose to name the blanket: So long and thanks for all the fish Blanket.

THE PLAN
Each fish is approximately 5 inches long and 3 inches wide. Based on the size of my friends blanket, the length and height of her fish, and how many fish she made, I have decided that for now I am planning 300 fish!  That will make a 12x25 fish! 

The numbers may change if I really want it to be bigger or smaller, but this is the current plan.

The yarn I am using is sport weight. Sport weight yarn for those of you who are wondering is yarn that sits between fingering (sock yarn) and worsted weight. I had planned to go home and do it in worsted weight yarn but the sport weight was in front of me for the I need to start it now factor.

Here was the inspiration yarn:

This is approximately half of the yarn left from the inspiration yarn.
Dragonfly Fibres Damsel Save the Tatas
The plan is to stay within the colour theme. So pink, raspberry, purple, maybe grey will be the make up of the fish.

The question of grey is that I'm considering using that as the seaming/boarder colour. I'm not sure if I want other greys in the blanket as well.

So as you can see I have plans, but they are a bit loosey goosey. I don't mind that at all. It helps the creative process of the blanket. And hey, who knows how long the fish journey will take. My decisions a year from now could be different.

You can follow along on the right of the sidebar to see where I am on my fish count!

No comments:

Post a Comment