Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blanket in progress day One

So I know its been a loooong time.

I think I'm back to trying to be more consistent in my blogging. Another one of my plans for the last year of my 30's.

So for now I am going to chronicle a baby blanket that I am working on. There is no other reason then I feel like it.

This is a free form blanket I started on May 1. There is no baby to take ownership but I am sure I will find one!

May 1, 2012
chosen 3 balls of cascade 220 superwash in white, teal and purple.
Plan stripes of the colours. white, then a purple, then teal, back to purple and white to finish it off.
Cast On 130 stitches in the white
Knit all the rows.
Plan 20 rows of white.
While knitting said row of white realise it might be nice to use the white as an over all boarder. I will add on the  side boarders at the end.
realise that I don't want 20 rows of white. It's too much stop at 16 instead.
Start the purple.
Think: You know it would look really great if I had some blank in there. OOOO 2 rows black with a 8-10 rows of white then 2 rows black and colour
Decide that teal is not what I want
Oooo I have black and grey. Let's make purple the colour and then use the shades in chunks.
Boarder? Oh I'll decide later.

May 2, 2012
Forget part of the design plan, but my new plan will work out better then you might expect.
To be continued..........

I feel like sometimes this is how my brain works, neither good nor bad.
I find myself with great ideas that I am easily swayed by. I sort of plan sort of go with the flow!

 I hope to have this done in a week - 10 days. It's possible. So get ready for some crazy blanket moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment