Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Show some manners! PLEASE!

I am in a weird mood today.

I am blaming an incident in my class last night as the reason for it.

We had a sub last night. She explained that she was not as familar with the reasearch function that we were using. She struggled a bit. But I figure we are all learning how to do it together.  In order to prove a point she started to read something from the text and a woman in the class said very loudly "I can read thanks!"  This stopped the instructor in her tracks and she naturally responded with "Excuse me?" The woman responded with "Oh I wasn't talking to you."  It was obvious she was talking about the instructor, whether it was intentionally directed at the instructor or not.

The instructor looked like she wanted to say something so badly. But instead she took the high road and had us work on something that our regular instructor was supposed to have emailed us, but none of us got.  The rude woman got up & left after that.

After the class I went up to the instructor & appologized for the woman (I don't know her but I felt bad that someone would do that to another person!). The instructor told me that if she had been the actually instructor, she would have totally told off the woman but seeing as this was only one time she would be here, she bit her tongue.

My problem with the whole thing is that we are all human. There is no need in this situation to have been a nasty rude person, what-so-ever. I don't care how bored, frustrated or whatever you're feeling. You don't treat people like that. My nieces & nephew wouldn't act that way & they are all under 10!

 I know I should shake it off. I will eventually, but I need to wind down. I'm sure I will be fine by lunchtime!

I did learn how to read & write citations. So something good came out of it.

I also realise that not only am I a sensitive person, but I am also an unusual person (Insert joker here!). But that is for another post at another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment