Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SWIMMING AGAIN! FINALLY!

So yesterday I had been all excited about going swimming for the first time in months. I had stopped due to Dad & Dog duties. I was very disappointed that my alarm did something wacky.

So this morning I went. I am tired. I am sort of sore. But I feel great!

I thought I would be a complete mess but I wasn't as out of shape as I had thought I would be.

I don't know what it is about water but it makes me calm & feel great. I don't realise how much I miss it until I get back in the water.

The other thing I noticed is that food tastes better today. I have been pretty much eating the same breakfast for a while with variations on a theme. It tastes fine. If it were horrible I wouldn't eat it right? But today that breakfast was fantastic. Actually it was the best Oatmeal I have had in a long time. I didn't do anything different. I wonder if the exercise makes the food I eat better.

I was worried that I might want to snack all day long, but since breakfast I haven't really been hungry. I am going to eat lunch now or I might gnaw off my arm!

So the plan is that I will swim Thursday & Friday this week. My normal days would be Monday, Tuesday & Thursday. Friday will replace the holiday Mondays. I know this will make both Tuesdays & Thursdays long days (for different reasons). But I kind of like it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment