Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday's musings

I got up this morning at 5:45am (Willingly!) after a night of some really bizzare dreams. I am not going to share those. The dreams are for me & me alone.

I went off to the Gym for a 35min swim. I felt like I was going slower then ever before. But I went & felt really good afterwords. I washed my hair & walked the 1 1/2 blocks to the office.

Then it hit at 2:30! I want to curl up for a nap! Why? Because I would feel better.

I have to laugh at myself because I start my Law Clerks class tonight and breifly (But not really planning to) skip the class and go home. I laugh because after acutally going to "real school" last in 1993 I am a tad scared. Excited but scared and the scared part of me thought of skipping out. But my older sensibilities have gotten the better of me in my old age and of course I can't skip the first class. I need to save myself for later on in the course when I'm too sick or really lazy to go. I have six months of this class. I need to pace my skipping.

It's not even really going to the class that's the problem. It's the getting home part. The class finishes at 9:15pm. But it will probably take an hour to get home. I briefly considered cycling down there. But I  am a relatively new cyclist & don't have the correct nighttime flashy wear. I have bike lights that flash! I just don't have any clothes! Maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of weeks & go.

RANDOM WEEKEND BITS!
Mum's sweater is finally done! I washed it and it is currently drying. What is thrilling about this is that I am now only left with two promised knitting/crocheted gifts. A bag for my sister, which I will fiinish sometime this week & a knitted blanket for my Dad. I can only work on the blanket a little at a time. It is abit of a mind numbing project & if I only worked on that I would not be happy. It is a beautiful blanket! I normally work on it at the weekend Stitch N' Bitch at  Knit-o-Matic (Which moves back to Sundays this weekend!). People who come into the store are often admiring it.

This weekend I knitted myself an ear flap hat. It took me one day to complete! It is Malabrigo(Brand of Yarn) Chunky (Weight of yarn). It is in a variation of purple. I want to make one in another colour. This is going to be my winter going to the Gym hat!

I went for a fabulous 2 hour walk on Sunday. Just me, my ipod & my camera! I walked all the way to the St Lawrence Market. It was closed. I was surprised by that. The flea market part was open, but not the main market. I did acheive my photo goals. I had wanted to take a photo of the Flatiron Building. I think if they are any good, I will use them in my old Toronto photo group.  One of my neighbours up the street have these really weird yet beautiful flower. It will be added to my lovely flower collection.

I even found frames for the flower group of pictures! Homesense is great for frames, but bad for me to enter into! I didn't want to spend anything this past weekend, but alas there were four of the exact same frames so I could do a group of them together. You have to be careful at Homesense. Some of the frames have nicks on them. Not the ones I found though.

So the big thing is I had over 1800 photos on this one card (OMG! That's friggin' huge!). I am now at 650 left. So I am slwoly inching towards the end of the card. But the question is should I empty if now incase something should happen to it? Or should I try and fill the whole thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment