Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The system is down! The system is down!

So my office computer has been getting gradually worse & worse since Thursday afternoon. It likes to just turn itself off & reboot. Sometimes there is a blue screen at first. Sometimes it just goes black! Let me just say that it is one of the most annoying things ever!

I am in the middle of typing something & before I get a chance to save it, it crashes in front of my eyes. It makes me not want to do the work, so that I don't have to keep going & going with the exact same information time & time again!

When I tried to print some stuff it is saying that I don't have a printer connected to my computer. I have my administrative printer, the main photocopier & the secondary photocopier at my ready. So the computer is lying!

So how am I typing now, you may ask. I am sitting at the older, somewhat slower computer in the Admin office.

I have told Basil, the lawyer who also is the computer guy, that to deal with this problem, we should just switch to Macs. But seeing as he is not the one with the cash to pay for it, I am stuck with my stupid corrupted computer!

I don't know when this is going to get fixed. Hopefully before the weekend, but as Basil is busy & still trying to figure out the problem, I am not going to hold my breath.

Ah technology! Love it, but hate it all the same! I guess this is where the adage there is a fine line between love & hate can be applied!

The title of this post is also in reference to homestarrunner.com. Strong bad has emails, & there is an email that is called Techno, which uses the title as part of it's music. Now for your homework assignment. Go to homestarrunner.com and find the strong bad email Techno.

Class dismissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment