Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thurday thoughts

So the weekend is almost here!

I will not be at stitch n' bitch tonight as my boss is having all of us on the floor for dinner. No he's not eating us. He is having us to his home. He normally has us in the summer & at Christmas time. It will be a nice evening of getting to know some of the newbies starting at 1:30pm today.

This is a church weekend for me. I am singing at a wedding on Saturday & then its my turn for the summer service. I am singing the Lakme duet for the wedding & Do what you have to do for the service. So it's a pretty good singing weekend.

I was hoping to do some photography, but it looks like the weather is not going to co-operate with me this weekend.

I showed my Dad the beginnings of his blanket. I wold say that it is a large lap blanket at the moment & is going to get bigger. It is a log cabin design. Dad had told me he wanted it to be brick colours, so it's been in reds & browns & looks pretty good. The final step in the blanket will be to go to the fabric store & line the back of the blanket in matching colours. I'm thinking a nice fuzzy flannel

I tried to take a picture of it, but it looked terrible in the light. I have to try & figure out how to take a good indoor shot of my work without it looking bright Orange.

Dad really liked it & even said that he wants to die under that blanket. Which from him is a compliment.

It was nice to see my Dad's reaction to it. I admit that for me making stuff for people & getting their reactions when I give them is what I enjoy. There is nothing like giving a hand-knit pair of socks to your niece who hates socks & she puts them on right away that feels really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment