Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Toronto? Tokyo? New York?

I can give you some hints as to where this photo is taken.
1. I have never been to Tokyo
2.I did not have this camera the last time I was in New York
3. The name of the city is in the bottom right hand corner.

The answer is....... TORONTO!

What intrigues me is how much Toronto is starting to look like any other major city with large buildings, the hustle & bustle of people.

This is shot on Dundas, just before University looking towards Yonge. Yonge & Dundas isn't the same as I remember it as a child. The major changes started when I moved to Montreal for university in the Mid 90's. They have continued over the 11 years I have since lived here. The Toronto Eaton Centre now seems to be enveloped by Ryerson University. Is this progress? I don't really know.

I guess my sentimentality is really stemming from my walk up Yonge Street the other day to my boss' for dinner. Looking at the old Sam the Record Man building (which has been taken over by Ryerson!), has made me slightly nostalgic for my youth.

It's amazing what a photo can do in evoking emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment