Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bikes

I love my bike!

When I am not riding it for whatever reason, I miss it. These days when I walk to work I grumble that I could have been at the office already.

I am an interesting cyclist. I don't think of myself as a cyclist per se. I don't wear the little outfits or shoes. But I do enjoy my bike.

This morning if you were walking, bike or driving down St George/Beverly you would have been treated to the musical stylings of "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas complete with high pitch Fergie "People in the place...if you want to get down" I think the man who I stopped behind at the light thought I might have been threatening him when I was chanting Boom Boom Pow. DAMN YOU TELEVISION FOR PLAYING THAT WHILE I WAS WATCHING THE WEATHER FORCAST!!!!!

Now going home is a different matter. For those of you who don't know, going north from Queen St W up Beverly/St George to Davenport there is a slight incline until the huge can't miss hill at Davenport. So I don't love my bike at the beginning of the trip home. In fact, my inner thighs curse me for hours after I've made it home. Compared to last year at this time its not that bad, but it still sort of sucks!

Yesterday I made it 3/4's up the dreadful Spadina/Davenport hill. Why is that great? Hello have you seen me or that hill? I am a regular swimmer & have walked for hours at a time, so I am not unfit. But I am also not exactly the poster girl for the fit. So for me to get even halfway up the hill is cause for celebration!

I am going to set myself a goal of making it all the way up the hill by September 30,2009! You heard it here first. So now that I've done it, I will have to go through with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment