Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday morning randomness

Good Monday to all!

I have been doing an experiment with the clock radio at my desk. When I came back from vacation it was way off in time. I assumed that the power may have gone off in my absence. So I fixed it. The next week it was off by 45mins or so. I fixed it again & wanted to experiment with how off it would go. Last week it spent the week 25 mins behind. This morning it is 10hours and 25mins ahead. This clock is one of the really old ones & was here when I started more than 2 years ago.
That technically means my work day finishes in 2 1/2 hours from now.

Should we get a new clock? I feel like I have one on the phones & on the computer screens. So I don't really need one. On the other hand most people coming into reception, might be happier checking the time out.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT TOPIC
Why can't I get names & times of day correct.It's morning & I say good afternoon. The guy's name is Tim & I say Tom. At least most people get a laugh at my semi-confusion.

RANDOM TOPIC CHANGE!
I saw Harry Potter yesterday. I enjoyed it as a movie. If I hadn't read the book in advance it would have been a great movie. But as a fan of the series, I wished they covered what to me was an important part of the book, the budding relationship between Harry & Dumbledore. The visiting of memories trying to find all they can about Voldemort is what deepens the bond of Harry & Dumbledore.

RANDOM TOPIC CHANGE!
My dog is brilliant. She seems to know that my Mum is going away for a few days & I will therefore be the one taking care of her. She knows Dad has something weird on his arm & can't take her for walks. How she knows Mum is gone before she actually has left is strange. But that means the dog won't ever leave me alone. She is going to go all stalkerish on me. When I come down from my room she will be at my door.

NEW TOPIC!
Why am I so tired today? I don't have kids. I slept well & long & I don't seem to have energy. Maybe a second cup of coffee would be good. French press only of course! It is muffin day at the office, apparently a couple of the guys made muffins over the weekend! But I can't partake because I am on my junk food fast (Today is day 8 of 21!) & the suckers are made with wheat flour of which I am allergic to! But I think I will break my junk food fast with my own muffins. I'll bake them on the weekend before & then take them to work!MMMM Muffins!

FINAL TOPIC(FOR NOW)
The Black Eyed Peas are following me everywhere. I hear them all the time. I like their songs most of the time. But today I realised they pretty much suck. I have watched them do live performances & they are horrible & it's not just this new song that's out. I will give them credit for actually not using recordings when they perform though. You can tell it's really them, because they really suck. I mean really suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment