Monday, July 27, 2009

Randomness Monday!

Thought One
I have one more full week of no more junk food. Today's trip to the store for a diet Pepsi was a resounding success. There wasn't even a thought towards the junk food. I looked at it only while I was standing in line.

Next!
I have a goal of losing 60lbs for one of my best friends wedding next summer. So that's 5lbs a month. That shouldn't be a problem. Well I have had moderate success. I lost one pound this past week and that means 59 to go. I wonder if I had been swimming and biking more if there would have been more. But I am right on track right now!

Semi-random change
I hate being a size 15. I can't wear size 14 pants because they're too tight. They don't make size 15 pants. So I have to wear size 16 pants. That sucks because I look like those girls who want to wear the cool styles but don't have the body for it so we can see all the giggly stuff. They also wear shirts that don't fit right so it is just bad. I am constantly having to yank my pants up. Not fun. I will not wear a belt, because I find them uncomfortable.

Weekend randomness!
I decided to sit down & rent a TV show on DVD. I had wanted to watch Mad Men, but the whole season was not available. So as I was perusing the choices I decided upon Arrested Development. Now I have seen bits & pieces of the show. I knew it was strange & quirky(like yours truly!) & it has been recommended to me many times over. Lord is that a funny show. I don't normally laugh out loud at comedies (although I don enjoy them!) but I'm sure I woke my mother up I was laughing so hard. I still have one more DVD of season 1 to finish. But that will easily be done by tonight!

Switch!
This weekend I organized my yarn. That may not sound exciting to some of you but it was very satisfying. I got a bunch of large Ziplocs (a cheap version of them really) and put the same kind of yarn in to the same bag, labelled it & put it in the giant green Tupperware for safe keeping. The organization helped me find some of the multitude of projects I've been hanging onto. Some I will just do something else with. Others are close to completion. I actually finished 2 lingering projects. I have finished the knitting of Mum's sweater, now all I have to do is sew it together! YIPPEE!! This has been an oddly satisfying weekend!

Back to today!
I am a tad disappointed my bag broke at the bottom. It is easy to fix, just a pain!!!

My books for the law clerks class arrived at the office today. Much earlier than I thought they would.

That's it for now. I may be back!

1 comment:

  1. the solution for the pants problem is wear skirts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete