Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Photography

I miss taking pictures. I want to actually show them to people, but they are stuck on my Dad's computer & when I go to do some work he is doing some sort of back-up for the work stuff. I am going to have to ask him for time on the computer.

Needless to say, I broke my short lens so I can only use the longer heavier one. Dad did say he would get a new lens as long as I get a better camera bag. He said photographers and bags are like woman and shoes, they are constantly buying new ones.

Just to explain, the camera I currently use is an old one of my Dad's. He has a few going at a time. Photography is his hobby. Last year I mentioned I would like to get a digital slr & start doing some work so he gave me one of the cameras he wasn't using anymore.

I have taken thousands of photos. A lot of them suck! But I also have a lot of good ones too. They make great Christmas presents. I had each niece and nephew in photo and gave framed copies to my Sister, Brother and Mum. I had a great picture of my sister's chocolate lab sitting on the dock up at the cottage in the sunset. That was an early shot. But really beautiful.

My favourite things to shoot are nature shots. I like trees with lots of knots. I have shots of foliage with great lighting. Stark colour contrasts & architectural stuff as well. My Dad is good at taking candid shots of random people, but I am scared someone is going to beat me up if they see the camera. Maybe with time I will screw my courage to the sticking place & do it.

Today on the ride into work, Dad did tell me that he thought I was quite talented. Coming from my Dad (you know the type really hard to get a true compliment from) it means a lot.

I do keep trying to plan a day to go out & shoot, but the weather gets in the way. Also carrying it around at work doesn't work so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment