Thursday, July 30, 2009

Photo # 4



Good Thursday to all!

Here is picture # 4 in my picture a day series.

I have chosen this picture because it was taken at the cottage & I thought I would post it in honour of the long weekend coming up. I do not get the day off as it is a civic holiday not a stat holiday. The only reason that sucks for me is that I would have finally got to spend some time with a friend of mine. Somehow we only get to see each other for a brief moment when we do get together.

Anyways, back to the photo. This is obviously a sunset. This is a sunset from the dock of my cottage, Romaja, on Stoney Lake. Or Stony Lake. It is spelled both ways although I have always preferred the first spelling. The second one looks wrong.

Stoney is one of my favourite places. It reminds me of childhood. It reminds me of my extended family whom I enjoy.

The cottage is on a giant island (Ferry Lake island) with a lake in the middle of it (Ferry Lake, Surprising eh?). You can walk it but it isn't walked very often except by the cottagers dogs, although it does seem that more people are using them to go visit each other theses days.

On this island far far away from Romaja is Hurricane Point. Hurricane point was once Peter Jennings grandparent's place & my aunt Margaret bought it with some inheritance money. So her children who coincide with me & my sister in age, spent our summers between those two cottages with visits from other cousins and we were often looked after by our older cousins.

Smack dab in the middle of the two cottages, was my uncle David's cottage. David is not actually my uncle. He is my mum's cousin, but for some reason I have always called him my uncle. So we had even more extended family up at the cottage during the summers.

So I hope you all enjoy your long weekend whatever you may be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment