Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Food for thought!

I am now on day 10 of the 21 day junk food cleanse. I don't miss the food, although my cravings seem to have shifted to meat!

I would love a big juicy hamburger or a rather large steak. I don't need any of the fixin's! Just the Beef!

My body is a bit off whack with eating this week. I am not over eating, but I seem to be able to go longer than usual without needing to eat. I don't think of this as a problem or anything. Maybe it is the combinations of what I am eating.

I am currently eating a cold lentil & Quinoa combo.

For those of you who don't know, Quinoa is a Mayan grain that is really high in protein. They look a little weird because of the white tails, but it cooks up really easily. The added bonus is that Quinoa is also relatively high in iron, which, for some reason, for me is lower than it should be. So every little bit helps.

Anyway I think that combo(which I made up in my head) is probably what is sustaining me over the day.

But I still want a steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment