Thursday, July 30, 2009

Change is a comin'

I am amazed at how my eating habits have changed in the last few months.

I always plan what I am going to eat & when. I usually make my lunch for the week on Saturday or Sunday. I always make enough food to last a week.

I eat my breakfast at work around 8:15 or 8:30am. There are two reasons for this. One if I am swimming, I don't have too much food in my system & feel sick. The other is that I'm not starving by 10am and then a cycle of starving starts for the whole day.

I usually have some sort of snack in the morning and a largish lunch. I finish off the day by having a small supper & maybe a snack around 8pm.

Well I don't seem to be hungry these days.

I think there are a few options here:

1. I am taking greens + which is said to stop cravings for most foods, because you are getting the nutrients added.

2. The weather - They say warmer weather makes you eat less and/or lighter, but I personally have never found this.

3. Junk food detox - Maybe I am not hungry because instead of "Feeling" hungry because of the severe dip of my blood sugar.

4.My food obsession is going away - I have been obese most of my life. I have tried to lose weight and had some success, but nothing has worked. I had been going to weight watchers (A very good program that I would highly recommend to anyone!)for many years. I decided it was time to stop. I was paying to go up & down between a few pounds (I know we've all been through many of those situations). But I was also worried about going out & enjoying myself. So I decided I needed a break. It is really easy to let yourself think about the next meal. It was to the point all I could think about is planing food. I seem to be coming out of that phase of my life. Now realistically I will always need to watch what I eat whether I am going to lose or maintain my weight. But there is a difference between watching and watching.

What I think is that it is probably a combination of all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment